7 Simple Steps to Use a Hair Straightening Brush Effectively3 min read
Do you have hair envy? Do you look at people walking down the street and see their long straight locks that appear as if they just stepped out of a shampoo commercial? Yeah, that can really get to you, but there is no need to be jealous anymore. With the right tools and a little bit of know how you too can have commercial worthy straight hair.
Using the Hair Straightening Brush the Right Way
You have a variety of flat irons and hair straightening brushes to choose from.
Now that you have the product, let’s work on getting your hair to be shampoo commercial worthy.
First, gather the materials you will need. Links to our recommended products are
P.S. Links to our recommended products are provided, where Product 1 is the bestseller and Product 2 is a cheaper alternative
- Butterfly clips (Product 1, Product 2)
- Tail comb
- Thermal protection spray- Bonus these smell absolutely amazing (Product 1, Product 2)
- Straightening balm (Product 1, Product 2)
- Smoothing Shine (Product 1)
- Hairspray (Product 1, Product 2)
- Hair dryer (Product 1, Product 2)
- Don’t forget about the straightening brush of your choice. (FemJolie Review, Apalus Review)
Steps to Use a Hair Straightening Brush
- First, you need to shampoo and condition your hair with the shampoo and conditioner of your choice. A straightening conditioner and shampoo is highly recommended.
- Second, carefully apply a small amount of straightening balm to the middle and ends of your hair. Be very careful not to get this on your roots as this will make your hair heavy and make it look oily. Make sure you use a wide tooth comb to comb through your damp hair. Continue until there are no tangles left.
- Third, your hair must be dry to use the hair straightening brush. Use your hair dryer to finish drying your hair, making sure it is now completely dry. Note: make sure to aim down the hair shaft as this helps prevent frizz.
- Fourth, Use hair clips to separate your hair into 3 equal sections, while leaving a one-inch section free at the nape of your neck.
- Fifth, it’s now time for the thermal protection spray. Make sure you are holding this spray one inch from the first section of hair you put up. Lightly spritz your hair. Continue repeating this step in every section of your hair before you begin running the brush through your hair. This is a very important step that should not be skipped. The thermal protection spray helps to protect your hair from harshness when you use the brush.
- Finally, it is now time to begin straightening your hair. Simply take the brush and glide it through each section of your hair, just as you would a normal brush. Continue following the above process but remember to use the thermal protection spray in each section to protect your hair from damage caused by the heat of the brush. Start with one section and then work through each section.
Lastly, once you have finished straightening your hair, be sure to apply a drop of smoothing balm into the palm of your hand. Rub your hands together and then begin rubbing the product through your hair. Make sure you pay special attention to the mid-lengths and ends of the hair. This will help to tame any frizziness.
You can also check out this Video tutorial
If you follow the steps completely, you will have shiny shiny hair. Once the process has been completed, get out there and start showing your luscious shampoo-commercial worthy hair to others!